7.26.2006

Saves the Day - Through Being Cool

Well, hello.

I'm a new contributor, in case you were too lost in free-music-greed to notice who posted this, and I've come to Plan B to do my part in giving back to the free music scene. I've discovered some beautiful things posted by others, and I'd like to share that joy with you! So I'll be here adding some diversity to Plan B music :) (and some more posts, cough). :)



Download Now


This is the punky, in-your-face, yet not annoying, one of my two favorite STD (lol STD, yeah get over it) albums (the other one being In Reverie... which is so different from this in its soft melodies it could have been written by another band). It's fun, especially if you detest someone named Nick... You'll just have to listen to the CD to find out why! O:) My favorite tracks are: "All-Star Me", "Holly Hox, Forget Me Nots", and of course, "Through Being Cool." It's got that typical F U punk sound, and if you like old Green Day and NFG, you just might like this. If you've only heard In Reverie, you're in for a surprise. If you've only heard Sound the Alarm, do yourself a favor and rid yourself of that right now. And then listen to this one, please. :)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this cd, and sound the alarm, i loathe in reverie. There are other albums out, i suggest checking out the acoustic album.

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've a friend who hates a Nick. Is there any particular track I should direct them to?

9:39 PM  
Blogger I Poppins said...

Lol yeah Through Being Cool is the one. THERE you killed the surprise for everyone =P.

I sort of hate a Nick too, it's all good.


And you other person! How do you hate In Reverie? And.. LIKE Sound the Alarm?? Different tastes for different peeps, I guess. It's all good. :)

I LOVE In Reverie though, so don't start anything with me, thanks <3.

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm curious, does this sound anything like Brand New's "Your Favorite Weapon?"

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

honestly, if you listen to any of their albums enough... you like it a lot. Sound the Alarm was very sketchy for me at first, and then I ended up loving it, and loved it even more when i saw them live. In Reverie, Stay what you are, and Sound the Alarm are my favs, but Through being cool, and Can't Slow Down have their highlights but they are their punkish albums.

6:07 PM  
Blogger I Poppins said...

Personally, I don't think they have a lot more of a "raw" and "F U" sound than Brand New. I think Brand New sounds more mainstream.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home